Thursday, July 14, 2005

A beginning

In the Name of God, the Most Beneficient, the Ultimate in Mercy, The Bestower & Enabler, and the Most Kind

and may the loftiest ennoblements, peace and blessings be showered upon the beloved of The Beloved, the pinnacle of human perfection, the ultimate oracle & guide unto humanity - our Muhammad al-Mustafa (saw), on his family, wives, progeny, companions and helpers.

They say, Rahma (mercy) comes when His word is recited. So:

"...Allah does not change the condition of a people, unless they change what is in their own selves" - Qur'an 13:11

I'm just another revert. And as other reverts know, we're often told that Jannah is promised to us, a foregone conclusion.

I don't believe that for a SECOND. If anything, reverts are perhaps more sorely tested by the Most Subtle. And given our times, reverts stumble heavily. We are floaters, adrift in doubts, shaytanic whisperings, and our earthly circumstances.

A mentor once said to me, that 'you reverts are the Muhajireen, and we must be your Ansar.'

We all have much work to do. We must demand more from ourselves, first and foremost.

And to Him is our final return.

3 comments:

  1. Asalamu alikum,

    Being married to a convert who is struggling, I found this very helpful.

    I have to be a better Ansar to him, insha-Allah.

    Jazak Allah khair,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind if I quoted you in my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baraka:

    Asak wr wb,

    I don't mind you quoting me at all, thank you for asking.

    You've got an excellent blog yourself, which I've been following on occasion. May Allah enrich and bless your efforts.

    ReplyDelete