Thursday, July 14, 2005

Genesis

How did this weblog come into existence?

In the beginning, was the blog: http://q-rihla.blogspot.com/

I stumbled upon this pearl, thanks to a recent post on Umm Zaid’s Sunni Sister blog. It’s set up by the participants of the ongoing Rihla 2005 (Deen Intensive) in al-Madinah. I quote from a post:

“..Like previous Rihlas, we were in the company of our teachers, Shaykh Abdallah Al-Qadi, Shaykh Muhammad Yaqoubi, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and Shaykh Jamal Zhahabi..” (and they are all in Rasulullah’s city! Need I say more? Go and grab the Nur.) – [saw].

One of the rihla’ites posted her sentiments on the recent London tragedy. I composed a response in the “Comments” section, only to realize minutes later that anonymous comments aren’t allowed on the blog.

What the heck – why not sign up for a blog ID? So I did. In the process, my original response was lost, but Allah granted me the tawfiq to ‘archive’ my thought bubbles. And thus, this blog was born.

The history of science illustrates that the greatest discoveries happened ‘by accident’
But ‘nature has determinism, and man has destiny’ – as Alija Izetbegovic once wrote.

So there you have it. God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

“…and which of the favors of your Lord, will you then deny?” – Qur’an, Surah Ar-Rahman (55)

No comments:

Post a Comment